Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Project: The Spy

So Uni has been back a few weeks now and for one of my subjects we create a Realtime animation. This project rolls over into second semester where we actually produce our concept.

But for first semester we are developing the concept and building some of the assets needed to produce the finished piece.
This project is going on at the same time as I produce my animated short film 'Larry Boyd' for another subject at uni.

The project is really broad which is great, because what I really want to do is a nice piece of action animation to put into my showreel.

The Spy is basically about a spy character who breaks into a complex from an air vent only to activate a defence system, which are 3 robot guns that shoot lazers.
He has to pull off some pretty slick acrobatic moves to use the guns against each other and get to the door at the far end of the room..... anyways enough talk, here are some character designs of the Spy character.
This was my first design that built the idea around. I drew this randomly one day and thought it would be heaps of fun to animate with its caricatured proportions and all.
I then went for a more angular and stylized design.



And tested it out in some of the poses from the storyboard.

And kept pushing the character to find what I was looking for..... I'll post the final design next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment